Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Business Immigration Paralegal
Beacon Hill Legal's client, a top immigration law firm, is seeking a business immigration paralegal for their Midtown, Manhattan office. Applicants must have at least 1 year of corporate immigration experience. Great benefits and salary!
* Preparing and filing of employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant matters (H-1B, L-1, O-1 petitions, and consular applications, such as E-2s and DS-160s; Labor Certifications, I-140s, I-485s and family-based petitions).
* Initiate cases based on instructions from attorney and/or client. Initial evaluation of new cases to determine eligibility of foreign national, any apparent status issues, and escalation of issues to attorneys as appropriate.
* Follow-up with client to obtain necessary information and documents to initiate case.
* Coordinate the appropriate immigration process, including obtaining necessary documents to support applications, which may include legal research.
* Coordinate with providers to obtain necessary translations of documents written in languages other than English or obtain evaluation of educational documents for U.S. equivalent.
* Prepare supporting documents to be filed with appropriate government agencies (DOL, Dept. of State, USCIS, etc.).
* Coordinate with providers to process visas as appropriate.
* Send final documents for signature, prepare cover letters and file documents with appropriate agencies, with copies to foreign nationals and companies.
* Assist attorneys in preparing responses to requests for evidence or audits by government agencies.
* Write invitation letters (global) or support letters (inbound and global) for petitions as appropriate.
* Update foreign national immigration information in database (INS Zoom) (change of address, renewed visas, passports, etc.) File maintenance within Firm standard. Record tasks in DTE (inbound) or on billing task sheets (global).
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and immigration case management software
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Excellent listening skills
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and adapt to change and to workload fluctuations in a fast paced environment
* Good research skills
* Strong substantive understanding of legal requirements and supporting documentation for business immigration filings
* Strong sense of accountability for responsiveness and professional work product
* Will promote and support team work
* Experience maintaining an immigration database such as Immigration INS Zoom, Tracker, LawLogix, etc. is a plus!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /