Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Protein Science Specialist
Our client's mission is to transform the treatment of kidney disease by reversing its progression and enabling and inspiring patients to resume their normal lives. Their focus is on developing first-in-class, highly targeted therapies for individuals living with chronic kidney diseases (CKD). You will have an opportunity to help us bring this mission to life.
As a key member of our Molecular Sciences team, the Protein Science expert is responsible for implementing the design, production and purification of proteins needed to support both biologic and small molecule drug discovery. This is an important position for the build out of the laboratory to enable fast and creative drug discovery and development. The position reports into the Head of Protein Sciences.
- Design and source DNA constructs used for protein expression and purification
- Formulate screening and selection strategies for protein engineering
- Establish and maintain instrumentation and laboratory equipment and supplies necessary for protein production and purification
- Conduct protein expression and purification work to generate reagents to support biologics and small molecule drug discovery
- Work independently on the design and execution of experiments
- Collaborate closely with multiple cross-functional project teams
- BA or MS with 5-8+ years relevant industry experience Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Bioengineering-related field
- Required: ability to design DNA constructs for protein expression studies and outsource generation
- Required: experience with recombinant expression, purification and characterization of antibodies and other proteins using a range of expression systems (In vitro, E. coli, insect cell, mammalian cell, etc.)
- Required: experience with characterization of protein products and troubleshooting for proper protein folding and solubility
- Preferred: Experience with discovery and affinity maturation of antibodies using phage panning
- Preferred: ability to carry out plate-based biochemical reactions (eg. ELISA, enzyme reactions, protein binding, etc) to evaluate protein binding/function
- Ability to multi-task to meet technology development and research goals
- Strong quantitative analysis skills as well as excellent written and oral communication
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /