Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Quality Control Associate
Our client is a cell therapy company for Type 1 diabetes. They are seeking an outstanding Quality Control Associate to join its growing team. They are establishing a cGMP compliant manufacturing facility for the preparation of ES-derived pancreatic Islets for use in Phase I/II clinical investigations. This position will perform QC tests for pre-clinical and clinical material from specific manufacturing steps associated with ES-derived pancreatic Islets production, from cell bank thaw through fill/finish. QC testing will include stability tests for cell banks and final product, in-process manufacturing tests and final product lot release tests. The candidate will be expected to assume additional QC testing responsibilities associated with specific projects (e.g. cold chain custody qualification, in-use stability testing, etc). The position will be located in Cambridge/Boston, MA.
- Perform immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry assays and cell counts and viability on drug substance for product release
- Perform qPCR testing for a variety of test articles.
- Qualify/validate QC assays as needed. Write protocols and reports for qualifications/validations.
- Perform IOP/Q of quality control equipment.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes in accordance with internal quality assurance expectations.
- Interpret and analyze results using statistical software packages (e.g. JMP) as appropriate. Make recommendations on QC related issues to the QC team and the Executive Director of Quality.
- Work with QC co-workers and health and safety department to ensure lab complies with regulations and all required trainings.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams across internal Operations as needed.
- Contribute substantively to the preparation of documentation for regulatory filings, especially in the CMC section. May contribute to publication of findings and present ongoing work and findings to colleagues at industry conferences.
- Train staff or collaborators in accordance with internal training guidelines and quality assurance expectations as needed, including oversight and instruction on techniques, as well as consultation on project work.
- Perform general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage the QC reagent inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. May assist with purchasing laboratory equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field and three year's of Quality Control experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology cGMP setting, or Master's degree with a minimum of one year's experience.
- At least one year's experience in a QC lab with each of the following methodologies: Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence-particularly within a high content setting (96-well, 24-well plates) highly desired; flow cytometry; Molecular Devices ImageXpress Micro 4
- Experience performing qPCR as well as experience working with a mycoplasma detection software package designed for real-time PCR is a plus
- Strong collaboration, communication and problem- solving and customer service skills essential
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- ELISA experience is a plus
- Experience with BacT Alert or comparable sterility test is a plus
- Experience with Endosafe is a plus
- Experience qualifying/validating QC assays is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /