Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Our client, located in North Andover, is in need of a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to start ASAP (after interviewing). The Paralegal/Legal Assistant will be working with a legal team on special projects. While it is "paralegal/legal assistant," the preference is for paralegal experience, particularly litigation and/or in-house. Candidates must be professional, an effective communicator (written and oral), enthusiastic to work hard and perform at a high level. Pay
Location: North Andover, MA
Position: Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Duration: Temp 1 year, w/ possibility to extend
Pay Rate: $25 - $35 per hour
Hours: TBD; must be flexible working OT 40-60 hours per week and Saturdays
Start Date: ASAP
This position will provide paraprofessional and administrative support for the legal team in the Merrimack Valley. Duties are varied and non-routine in nature, and include, but are not limited to, document review and analysis, supporting requests for company information (internal and to outside counsel), and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Project coordination and management through completion.
- Well prepared, accurate and timely correspondence, reports and presentation materials.
- Effective calendar management for the team, and individual team members when necessary.
- Develop and implement administrative efficiencies and improvements.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Communicate effectively with key external contacts
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to project a professional demeanor and image.
- Provide assistance and support for attorneys (in-house and outside counsel)
- Organize, maintain and assume responsibility for general intake issues, documents, files and records
- Manage confidential information in a professional manner
- Clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external contacts
- Monitor and manage action items and requests dates for completion to ensure effective and timely completion of requests.
- Complete projects and tasks with minimal oversight and direction.
- Compose correspondence while maintaining confidentiality, utilizing proper grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- General administrative functions
- Exercises independent judgment, a sense of urgency and commitment to quality in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Proficient computer skills including MSWord, Excel, Lotus Notes, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
Background Requirements/Education Requirements/Preferred for Selection
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or a minimum of 5 years' experience in an administrative support role.
- Bachelor's degree with law firm litigation experience or in-house litigation experience.
- Paralegal certificate.
- Proficient in Lexis and other litigation databases; internet searches.
- Knowledge of court procedures, terminology and documents.
- Knowledge of methods of legal research.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow BeaconHillLegal on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /