Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Laboratory Trainer - Needed in Madison, WI
The Specimen Processing Trainer performs the functions of their position under the guided direction of the Specimen Processing Manager, Specimen Processing Supervisor or designee. The Specimen Processing Trainer will follow all laboratory policies and procedures and maintain accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent capture of specimen processing training. In this position the Specimen Processing Trainer supports the Specimen Processing Manager and Specimen Processing Supervisor in ensuring that all Specimen Processing team members are properly and adequately trained to facilitate the timely and accurate processing of patient specimens. The Trainer will also be responsible for keeping all Specimen Processing employees up to date on lab processes and procedures through editing training materials and competencies to reflect current processes, providing follow-up conversations and retraining when necessary, and conducting training for all employees on new pieces of automation.
- Performs all assigned job duties following laboratory policies and procedures.
- Handles and disposes of all specimens following universal precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Assists in new employee orientation.
- Welcomes new employees to the SP Lab and acts as the first contact person within the department.
- Maintains and updates training programs, assists in determining training objectives and designing laboratory exercises.
- Identifies training needs of the department and assesses overall status of training needs.
- Administers written and practical exams and evaluates trainees' performance.
- Provides initial new employee training for the Specimen Processing Lab and sets clear performance expectations.
- Provides training to all Specimen Processing personnel on new instrumentation, workflows, and procedures.
- Tracks continuous improvement cards for the Specimen Processing department, determines appropriate follow-up, and provides statistics to the Specimen Processing Admin team.
- Workers with management to deliver continuous improvement feedback and corrective actions for Specimen Processing staff.
- Retrains employees as needed and assesses post-retraining competency.
- Develops and implements scheduled competency assessments for all Specimen Processing staff.
- In accordance with ES Labs record retention policy, maintains accurate records of training and on-going competency evaluations.
- Coordinates activities and trainings for outside programs as needed.
- Performs all essential responsibilities of the Specimen Processing Associate and Exception Handling Representative per current SOPs.
- Develops and maintains SOPs under guided direction of Specimen Processing Supervisor.
- Gives laboratory tours to interview candidates, new employees, and internal personnel.
- Performs User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for LIS updates.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to focus on detail and perform repetitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to adjust teaching method to effectively train employees with different learning styles.
- Ability to effectively work both independently and within a team environment.
- Self-driven; able to stay motivated and on-task with little direct supervision.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of in shift date.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Position requires work in a normal laboratory environment; Personal protective equipment is requirement when working in the laboratory.
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~50%of time; sitting ~50% of time).
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/ or perform typing for approximately 75% of typical working day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience working in a laboratory or similar environment (i.e. maintaining sample integrity, following procedures and protocols, sample collection/handling).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous experience in or demonstrated knowledge of peer training development.
- Demonstrate understanding of laboratory terminology and equipment.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to Quality Assurance procedures.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA, GLP, and GDP.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /