Back to Results /
Modify Search /
Medical Director, Pharmacovigilance
The Medical Director, Pharmacovigilance (PV) will report to PV Head. He/she will provide broad support of activities requiring medical safety input for assigned products, pre- and post-approval. He/she will support and/or lead periodic safety signaling reviews and meetings, as well as perform individual and aggregate case review. He/she will also participate, in varying degrees, on clinical teams/programs and other intra and/or inter-departmental activities and initiatives.
- Represent department as medical safety lead on cross-functional study and program teams for assigned products and studies, providing expert guidance regarding safety matters and issues.
- Provide timely and sound medical review of individual case safety reports from clinical trials or post-marketing sources as needed.
- Participate in protocol development, specifically the monitoring and collection of safety information in clinical trial protocols, as well as statistical analysis plans.
- Participate in the analysis of safety data from on-going and completed clinical trials and representation in Clinical Study Reports.
- Contribute to preparation and review of periodic reports (IND, Annual Safety, DSUR, PSURs, CSR).
- Review and provide medical content, as needed, for key study-related documents, e.g. IB, ICF, IDMC Charter.
- Participate in departmental development activities including SOP and Work Instructions development.
- Provide guidance to staff regarding optimal practice regarding collection, evaluation and processing of adverse experience reports, from a medical perspective.
- Provide a contributory role in Partner /Affiliate agreements and interactions, as needed.
- As directed by the PV Head, assume primary responsibility/chair for the conduct of one or more Safety Team(s) for assigned products.
- Participate in the regular review of safety data for assigned products for the identification of new safety signals, in accordance with signal detection practices.
- Participate in Risk Management Strategy.
- Other activities, as needed or as requested by manager.
- MD, DO or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6-8 years Drug Safety/Pharmacovigilance or Medical Monitor experience.
- Solid knowledge of General Medicine, MD, DO, MBBS.
- Adequate knowledge of GCP, ICH and Global regulations.
- Prior NDA experience and oncology experience preferred.
- Experienced in the evaluation and interpretation of data
- Ability to multi-task.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills, including the identification and communication of relevant safety- related issues or concerns to Medical Safety Management in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Experienced in safety reviews of AEs/SAEs, IBs, protocols, clinical study reports, informed consents, and other safety-related documents.
- Close attention to detail.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™
Email this job
Back to Results /
Modify Search /