- SQL: Understand relational data models, databases and compose/run SQL queries. Comfortable using a range of database client applications (e.g. DBVisualizer, Cache, Toad).
- Healthcare data analysis: Able to make sense of the data; working knowledge of HL7 Terminology, tables, specifications, code schemes (LOINC, SNOMED, RxNORM), data mapping concepts.
- Data modeling: capture data models in relation to clinical workflows; able to observe and capture.
- Diagraming: Able to create simple diagrams to illustrate solution states, message sequences, deployments, use cases. Comfortable using Visio or similar tool.
- Documentation: Able to produce amazingly clear, concise and accurate documentation for developers and data consumers. Comfortable with data dictionaries, ER diagrams, data flow diagrams, data models, HL7 specifications; comfortable creating wiki pages.
- HL7 Messaging: Understands how HL7 v2 messaging works; able to read messages and specifications; recognizes most common messages, segments, fields.
- Reporting: Able to compose queries, aggregate data as needed to generate reports; able to present effective interpretation of data as needed to inform data owners, data consumers, and developers.
- Super organized: Able to coordinate time between information gathering activities (i.e. meeting with data source application owners), analysis, documentation, presentation of findings, technical review work, and managing expectations in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Works independently, self-motivated: Able to identify the tasks needed to complete required deliverables; able to manage tasks to completion with minimal oversight.
- Team/people oriented: Able to reach-out to resources from within and outside the organization as needed to collect information and complete analysis.
- Attention to detail: Enjoys the minutia of exploring valid values for a data field across applications and illustrating how the data flows across repositories; enjoys studying data.
- Experience working with EMR databases; specifically, eCW, MEDITECH, Epic, IDX, Quest.
- Experience using InterSystems Ensemble, Cache. Even better is experience with HealthShare and Health Insight; experience using other interface engines / middleware products.
- Experience using healthcare data models, applications; data warehouse, analytics products; building data cubes, etc.
- Experience with CCDA; CCD, Summary Note; OIDs, registries, etc..
- Programming languages: SQL, ObjectScript, XML
Day to Day:
The Healthcare Data Analyst is a core member of the HIE team. The Healthcare Data Analyst is responsible for capturing data requirements, completing data analysis, documentation, interpretation of data captured in EMRs, transferred to the HIE, and data made available for consumers. They must ensure the business requirements are met from various perspectives; data capture/workflows; data provisioning; data analysis including data quality.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work directly with data source business and application owners to complete analysis of data capture, application forms, screens, data dictionaries, examples, message specifications, access to test environments, etc.
- Document data sources in relation to specific data provided to HIE; connectivity, formats, specifications, data elements, data types, code sets, standards, edge cases.
- Trace and document data flows from sources, to HIE, extraction to Health Insight; transformations, valid values, data quality checks.
- Respond to all inquiries related to the data in scope for the HIE.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future™